Cole back in the lineup and Chad Ruhwedel in for Hunwic

The Penguins called up an extra defenseman Thursday, promoting Zach Trotman from Wilkes Barre/Scranton while Matt Hunwick is out with a concussion.

Trotman, 27, is a 6 foot 3 right handed shot with 67 career NHL games to his credit. He had two assists and a plus 1 rating in four games with the Baby Pens this season.

Hunwick was  https://www.penguinspitfans.com/olli-maatta-jersey-c-6.html diagnosed with a concussion Tuesday. Coach Mike Sullivan did not have an update on Hunwick s condition. 

With Ian Cole back in the lineup and Chad Ruhwedel in for Hunwick, Trotman is expected to act as the team s seventh defenseman.

NIEMI EXCITED FOR NEXT OPPORTUNITY

There is a good chance Antti Niemi will start his third game of the season this weekend since the Penguins play back to back games Friday at Florida and Saturday at Tampa Bay.

The veteran goalie said he s ready.

“I m always excited for the next game,” Niemi said. “It s more about your own focus and focusing in practice every day.”

In his first season with the Penguins, Niemi is gaining familiarity with his defensemen.

“I think it s getting better, getting to know all the D men,” Niemi said. “How they play and where they stand on the ice.”

Niemi and fellow goaltender Matt Murray are forging a relationship https://www.penguinspitfans.com/matt-hunwick-jersey-c-8.html, too.

“He s awesome,” Murray said of Niemi. “When you re the only two goalies on the team, you have a special bond. You know what the other guy is going through.”

HOMECOMING FOR MCKEGG

Third line center Greg McKegg played parts of the past two seasons with the Panthers Phil Kessel Jersey, so Friday marks a return to Sunrise.

“Really enjoyed my time here,” McKegg said. “It s always cool to come back. Still a few friends here. It s an awesome place to be.”

McKegg, who scored his first goal with the Penguins when Florida visited Oct. 14, said the transition to his new team has been smooth.

“The guys here have made it pretty easy,” McKegg said.

KUHNHACKL SHINES ON PK

During the second period of Tuesday s 5 4 overtime win at the Rangers, the Penguins trailed 3 2 and faced a lengthy five on three penalty kill.

Tom Kuhnhackl was on the ice for the first 1 minute, 18 seconds of the kill, and he helped keep the Penguins within a goal.

“Tommy s a real good penalty killer. He s so brave. He s willing to block shots. He has good awareness away from the puck,” Sullivan said. “You look at the five on three penalty kill in the last Rangers game. It was such a huge part of the game for us and helping us climb back into that game. In my mind, it was a big turning point.”

DEFENSE TRYING TO TIGHTEN UP

The Penguins have given up a league high 29 goals through seven games. However https://www.penguinspitfans.com/kris-letang-jersey-c-7.html, Sullivan said the defense has improved since the 10 1 loss to Chicago.

“I think they re skewed a little bit with the Chicago game,” Sullivan said of the stat. “We re working on cutting down the quality of the chances over the last handful of games.”

Ian Cole agreed but knows there is more work ahead.

“I always think there is room for improvement,” he said. “We ve had some good games. Obviously, we lost 10 1, so that s obviously not ideal.”

Dictionary
          English > Chinese Dictionary
          Chinese > English Dictionary
          Pinyin > English / Chinese
          Chinese Handwriting Recognition with Dictionary

Chinese Tools
          Chinese Word Parser / Segmenter
          Pinyin to Unicode Converter
          Chinese Character Convertor

Learn Chinese through Media
          Chinese Learning Videos
          Chinese Podcasts

Learn Chinese Characters
          Stroke Order

Input Chinese
          Type Chinese (with Pinyin)
          Pinyin Input
          Pinyin Keyboard
Chinese Lessons / Courses
          Chinese Lessons
          Other Free Chinese Courses

Other
          Flash Cards Application
          PinYin Table w/ Audio
          Chinese Learning Games

Discussion Forum
          Learn Chinese Forum

Copyright © 2004-2015 - ChineseLessons.org - All Rights Reserved - Chinese Lessons
-->